Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Yummy Rollo Cookies

We started our holiday baking. My mom found a new recipe online. Saturday my mom and I went over to bake with my Aunt Kathy and my cousin's wife Laura. We made Rollo Cookies. It's so funny everyone that tastes them says their the best cookies ever. My cousin Jonathan gave one to a friend at the high school and he said, "Wow, I think these are the best cookies I've ever eaten." They are so good warm out of the oven and also after they've cooled.

I thought you might like the recipe.

Rollo Cookies

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
24 rollo candies
granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 375F. Cream together butter, peanut butter, egg, and sugars. Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix well. Roll dough into balls. Place 1 rollo in center of each ball. Roll each ball in granulated sugar and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Makes about 24.

*We used a baking stone and didn't grease it.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment